Thursday, November 30, 2006

Lurgy

I have succombed to a grim lurgy which sees me coughing and wheezing and running a temperature. I am also a bit scared, now the euphoria has worn off, about how fast I am going to work to get this book out. I am stuck on the ending of one chapter. Never mind, I'll leave it for now and crack on with the next one after I have gone to bed and had a quick sleep. I felt ill yesterday but was fine last night when I was on 18 Doughty St again. It was a great show. However, today I am laid low, and have a cough like an angry sealion.
I've had so many chest infections since the bombings. Headaches are more frequent too. I guess stress hammers your immune system long term.

The amount of writing and the scary deadline means that blogging may be curtailed for a bit, (though my blog posts never take longer than half an hour normally, and some of them only ten minutes. And I find it a useful warm-up exercise before doing the book.)
However, right now I am going back to bed with paracetamol. I made lots of leek and potato soup yesterday so at least I don't need to leave the house for 24 hours.

UPDATE: Humm, that's a really odd coincidence...BBC story on the Health Protection Agency's report into the after-effects of the bombs, found when I randomly checked my stats after posting this.

Hello BBC visitors! If you want to sign the petition for an independent inquiry into the bombings, ( we still haven't had one, isn't that silly?) please click here . Thank you!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you're unwell. Eat garlic and curry - apparently this knocks the hell out of these viruses.

November 30, 2006 11:51 am  
Blogger Glamourpuss said...

Hope you feel better soon, petal. There's nothing like a runny nose when you're hanging upside down off a pole...

Puss

November 30, 2006 1:50 pm  
Blogger Jeremy Jacobs said...

Devil's Claw (not Kitchen!) is quite good.

Have you been to a spiritual healer?

November 30, 2006 5:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have obviously contracted "Man Flu" it's terrible. Mind you, first woman to do so; some kudos there.

November 30, 2006 6:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For a really barky cough, especially if you've got a lot of "gunk" to cough up, try chewing some osha root. It's sort of woody, but you don't swallow it, just chew it and swallow the "juice." It tastes like licorice and makes your chest feel really warm, and then you cough up all the gunk and feel better. It really works! Health food shops might sell it in bulk by weight. They do here in Oregon, anyway.

Maria

November 30, 2006 7:40 pm  
Blogger Daniel Obachike said...

Get well quick Rachel,
Spoke to you in June.
Tavistock Sq survivor, etc
Take a look at the url- I included you on a side link
www.the4thbomb.com

Forward link to as many other Public Enquiry supporter as poss
All the best
Daniel

November 30, 2006 7:48 pm  
Blogger Daniel Obachike said...

Get well quick Rachel,
Spoke to you in June.
Tavistock Sq survivor, etc
Take a look at the url- I included you on a side link
www.the4thbomb.com

Forward link to as many other Public Enquiry supporter as poss
All the best
Daniel

November 30, 2006 7:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just curious and not intending to be insulting or to demean in any way the trauma experienced by those who had the mis-fortune to be caught up in the bombings.

So a controversial question which your newer and less news aware citizens might appreaciate a paragraph on. And also before people flame me, yes I am (very) ignorant on the subject otherwise I wouldn't ask the question......

Why is there a need for an enquiry?


Is it to answer the question as to why the bombers were not stopped before they could inflict their intent?

Is it to question the response of the emergency services? I was not at all involved but got the impression that the emergency services responded reasonably well although there were lessons to be learned.

Or is it to question the shooting of Jean Charles De Menezes and which Ian Blair did not shoulder responsibility and resign (blatently he should have on the strength of the wool pulling he engagaed in afterwards)


Good luck with the book and with regards the stress...heres my receipe

time, drink lots of water, sleep, eat sensible food, exercise when possible and some vitamins now and again. Slow down and make time to relax.

I only heard about your blog yesterday at an information management conference. The Home Office quoted your blog in their presentation of one they watch for gauging public opinion on politics.

Way to go Rachel!

December 01, 2006 6:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home