Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Back with some great news...

I've been offline and not writing here for a few days as I wasn't feeling too hot; headaches and looking at computer screens don't go well together. Much better now and I can now proudly inform you all that my book has a publisher and is coming out next summer - we're just looking at slots so I'll come back with which month soon- which means I am going to have to go hell for leather and work 10 hours a day to get it all done. That's fine, I enjoy writing, and the really hard bit is done now, anyway.

I am celebrating with a small lager before I go off to teach the dance students in fifteen minutes. I expect there will be quite a lot of wine guzzled after class tonight with the girls!

Oooh, it's all so exciting! Thank you all for coming with me on this journey, for all the emails and comments and texts. I'll be dedicating the book to my blog readers, amongst others - so please have a drink for me and for yourselves, and for blogging, democratising publishing, and giving us all a way to publish and be heard. Couldn't have done it without you.

x

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah! Congrats, etc.

And too damn right you got a publisher - from what I saw it was a dead cert. Who are you doing it with? Who? Who?

November 28, 2006 6:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations - that is brilliant news Rachel and I look forward to buying a copy! By the way, your description of the birds in the rain the other day was lovely - you're a born writer.

Enjoy the wine tonight!

Nicky

November 28, 2006 6:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done

Look forward to buying a copy (or 2)

If you feel like doing a signing session, please let us all know.

Congrats!

November 28, 2006 7:35 pm  
Blogger Clare said...

That's fantastic Rachel. Congratulations :).

November 28, 2006 7:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*does happy dance*

Yay you!

Great news!

November 28, 2006 8:36 pm  
Blogger Wisewebwoman said...

Oh Rachel, waytago!!!
As an inspiring writer myself, I applaud you.
You go girl!!
Yahoooooooooo

November 29, 2006 8:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations - that's the biggest hurdle cleared and you haven't even finished it yet...

November 29, 2006 9:05 am  
Blogger Bumble Bee said...

Well done hun, I cannot wait to read it.
I expect a signed copy sent to me in Australia ;-)
Love ya x

November 29, 2006 11:15 am  
Blogger Helibags said...

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations Rachel! Can't wait to read it!!

I'll raise a glass for you tonight.

Hx

November 29, 2006 3:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful, Rachel.

Maybe a preview excerpt before (un-democratic) publication, via this space ? (Conspiraloon-firewalled, of course.)

IainC.

November 29, 2006 3:32 pm  
Blogger TN said...

That's great news.
You continue to be an inspiration.

November 29, 2006 10:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations !!

November 30, 2006 6:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats - will look forward to reading it

November 30, 2006 9:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi rachel,

thats great news- now you will be an accomplished author. when will we get free autographed copies? ( big grin)

ta ta for now,

seth :)

November 30, 2006 3:01 pm  
Blogger Gavin said...

Congratulations, Rachel.
Since jacking in your 9-to-5, your blog writing has gone from strength to strength, and you have also become a most welcome regular guest on 18 Doughty Street TV. You are one of the few broadly left-wing writers who I have time for and to whom I am willing to listen to, although I may not mostly agree with your views. Nevertheless, wishing you all the best.

December 01, 2006 1:53 am  
Blogger Jo said...

Rachel. I haven't been over for a while (not really since the anniversary back in July), but I'm so pleased for you. Great news which you richly deserve.

December 01, 2006 4:16 pm  
Blogger Karol Cross said...

Oh Rachel, thats such fabulous news. I'm so delighted for you.


(Sorry I'm a bit behind the times, I'm trying to catch up now I'm back online).

December 07, 2006 12:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home