Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Blog Digest 2007


Anyone new to the blogging phenomenon, who wants a tour to see what all the fuss is about, and those who wish to avail themselves of hand-picked gems from a year's worth of the best writing on the web can now purchase copies of The Blog Digest 2007, expertly edited by the brilliant wordsmith Justin McKeating of Chicken Yoghurt fame.

Cunningly divided into chapters covering Culture & Media, Sex, War, Death, Activism, Work and Play and Sport, it enables you to flick about from subject to subject much as you do when browsing the internet. Or you can do what I am doing, which is settle down with a hot drink and read it from start to end. All human life is there. Wit, wisdom, righteous anger, sleuthing, revelations, compassion and yep, love. The love of writing, and the joy of sharing it with others - blogging is unpaid, unadulterated, and unequalled as a communication opportunity. Dive in. ( Amazon)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to say that you're in it!

Thanks for the plug, kidder.

November 30, 2006 1:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot to say that you're in it!

Thanks for the plug, kidder.

November 30, 2006 2:00 pm  
Blogger Ms Melancholy said...

If only I had known just how addictive this blogging lark is, I swear I would never have started. My partner is convinced I have started an internet affair, I spend so much time giggling over my laptop. Best of all is the quality of the writing - and it's all for free. How fab is that? Thanks for the tip off about the book, Rachel. It will go on my list to Santa as I am banned from any laptop related activities on christmas day. (And many congratulations on getting published. Top woman!)

November 30, 2006 6:51 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Well done Rachel. I will try and get hold of a copy; it sounds interesting.

My boyfriend isn't so much convinced that I'm having an internet affair, he thinks I'm addicted to it, and keeps making jokes such as 'my names Rachel and I'm a blogaholic' etc. Which I'm not, obviously, but I suppose is less damaging to my health than other addictions. I hope.

December 01, 2006 10:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does it have clickable links in it?
Oops I given away my addiction?!

December 01, 2006 11:54 am  
Blogger City Slicker said...

I saw you in there.

Way to go!

December 05, 2006 4:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home