Saturday, September 09, 2006

'Gordon is a moron' sez Charles

The Safety Elephant is trumpeting abroad and running wild! Readers of today's Telegraph will doubtless be chuntering into their prunes and branflakes as they read of ex Home Secretary Charles Clarke's interview in which he talks of ''Deluded'' Gordon's "psychological" issues that he must confront and accuses him of being a "control freak" and "totally uncollegiate"."Can a leopard change its spots?" asks Mr Clarke, portentously.

He insists that the ''Stupid, stupid '' Chancellor should not assume he will be the next leader. "He doesn't have rights in this, he has to earn them — he has to win the support of the party.

"He, not anyone else, has to win the active support of people like me and his Cabinet colleagues.

An aide of the Chancellor said: "We all say things which, in the cold light of day, we wish we hadn't said."

Meanwhile Tory blogger Dizzy sleuths back the links between the resigning 'plotters' ( sorry 'Dizzy', for thinking you were a lady) , and the Conservatives show they are not much better at this PR lark with David Camerons's entourage running over and seriously injuring a passer-by whilst on a photo-op in India, and Boris Johnson having to apologise to Papua New Guineans for calling them 'cannibals'. Davide provides a cogent round-up of the latest state of play as New Labour implodes.

My money is on Nice Alan Johnson as the Anti-Brown. So that's two bets to put on at Ladbrokes this afternoon, catching Bin Laden before November 7th, and Alan J for PM.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I experimented with taking coment moderator off, hoping that everyone reading the blog was a grown up, but unfortunately my blogpest returned at once with spiteful inane incoherency, so it has gone back on. I've also updated my blog roll, something I have been meaning to do for some time. This blog is currently listed as a personal blog, but as I am enjoying writing about politics more these days, I am going to do a bit of updating with various political blog registers. I think this blog is going to be both personal AND political, as politics in intimately entwined in my personal life experiences, which may make this a bit hard to categorise, but as the famous feminist slogan had it 'The Personal is the POlitical' - and I have to say, I find that to be true, now more than ever.

September 09, 2006 10:10 am  
Blogger dizzy said...

No need to apologise Rachel. Thanks for linking to me. You're not the first person to assume I was female. I'm yet to figure out why, I guess I must, for want of a better phrase, "write like a girl" or something! :-)

September 09, 2006 11:13 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hiya,

It's the name - I assumed you were a 'dizzy blonde'. Nothing to do with the writing content.

September 09, 2006 11:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you need to get your Word Verification module fixed, Rachel; 'dmncxk' is not a word.

September 09, 2006 1:05 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

My money is on a minicab driver that Labour MPs will mistake for Tessa Jowell. The mimicab driver will get all the way to the gates of Buck House where he will be spotted by a mobile blogger with a cameraphone.

September 09, 2006 1:49 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

What odds did you get on Bin Laden?

September 10, 2006 12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home