Friday, June 06, 2008

Brenda Blethyn in the hood

Brenda Blethyn is filming in Blackstock Rd! I just went out to get some spicy Tunisian sausages and flatbread for the barbie my mate is having in Peckham later this afternoon, and found everyone all agog at a fake police car, a film crew, some actors in police uniform and Brenda. This explains the film units that have been spotted in the road where my friend lives. I had a chat with a man who had come out of his flat to watch the goings-on, and he said that it was apparently a 'Romeo and Juliet story set in N4 being filmed by a French film company'.

I will see if I can find out more. Hackney ain't Verona.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been seeing a lot of my area on TV lately - we had Waking The Dead a few months back, but I nearly fell off my chair when my street turned up in an old Marty Feldman show that turned up on BBC4!

June 06, 2008 2:34 pm  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I live in Edinburgh and it's often on tv but it is distracting when you're watching Rebus or something and arguing about which building is in the background. Beginning of Shallow Grave where they're driving around the old bits of the city is especially good for that sort of thing.

Now - must try to do some work and stop reading blogs...

June 06, 2008 3:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My street turned up in Crimewatch - the site of a teenage stabbing - but I suppose that's a bit different...

June 07, 2008 9:07 am  
Blogger Ruth said...

Hi,
Just picked up your comment on my blog and thought I'd come over and read what you've been writing.
Feel free to link me, I'd be honoured.
Ruth

June 08, 2008 10:43 am  
Blogger Sage said...

If my street turned up on a tv programme I would be shocked.. I don't even think the council know we exist (only for paying our taxes)...

Having said that the village was the location for Some Mothers do have them... they used the airfield for the flying lesson.

Loved brenda blethyn in Saving Grace.. such a good film.

Great Blogging Rachel

June 11, 2008 9:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home