Saturday, June 16, 2007

A moment of shameless stattery

Just noticed that the blog has had a bit of a milestone moment and passed the quarter of a million visitors mark, recently averaging over 1000 visitors a day. Woot! I would like to thank all my lovely linkers, lurkers, and commenting readers for dropping in and taking an interest in my going on about about terrorism and civil liberties, cooking, pole-dancing, other random meanderings, linky recommendations and ongoing general dispatches posted from my scruffy study via a sticky keyboard covered in toast crumbs and cat paw marks. Have some virtual cake.

PS: Now that I have blogged this, my stats will immediately nosedive, as I believe is traditional when a blogger has a moment of trafficy self-congratulation. Which will take the pressure off me to be amusing/entertaining/thoughtful and means I can go back to writing about J and cats and goldfish and how irritating the out-going PM is without worrying so much.

6 Comments:

Blogger Payasoru said...

Don't get your hopes up re plunging numbers! I'm new here after following a link from the Policeman's Blog, and from what I've read so far, I think it's worth coming back

June 16, 2007 4:00 pm  
Blogger TryingTimes said...

That cake... Veggie by any chance (he asked hopefully).

Congrats on your milestone. You don't look a day under 175,000.
:-)

June 16, 2007 4:03 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

TT, the cake is veggie, and virtually calorie free. In fact it is virtually anything you care to imagine it is.Payasoru, thanks for dropping in. I thought coppersblog comments section was hilarious. I didn't know my nemesis had been making appearances there. Or the arresting officer....

June 16, 2007 4:11 pm  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh yum! The cake alone makes being one of the 1000 more than worthwhile ...

June 17, 2007 4:23 pm  
Blogger MarkF said...

Congratulations !

Wise idea to leave the candles off when you get near a quarter of a million...

June 17, 2007 7:19 pm  
Blogger Gracchi said...

Congratulations on the milestone- a real achievement! As Trying Times said I think you'll have to change strategies to lose readers- the current formula isn't working at all- its too much fun.

June 18, 2007 12:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home