Thursday, March 08, 2007

Cheers and things

A big thanks to Blairwatch, Chicken Yogurt, Not Saussure, Nosemonkey, Paul Linford, Bread and Circuses , Nourishing Obscurity, The Durruti Column , DavBlog and to everyone who signed the campaign for a public inquiry Downing St petition. There's still time to sign if you want to look clever and ahead-of-the-game/have your data captured as a dissident.

An update to clarify matters still further ( following an unfortunate outbreak of conspiraloonery) can be found over in a very long comment I left at Blairwatch.

Basically, as I said in yesterday's post, there will be a lot in the media soon regarding 7/7 developments. Wait and see. Which is all good for the campaign for a 7/7 inquiry, which is something I have been going on about since December 2005, with other survivors and families. And especially good for me, as a blogger and campaigner for the inquiry, as I have been frustrated for ages by not being able to say as much as I would like, about what I know, and have found out, for legal reasons.

Despite the suspicions of certain conspiracy theorists, I have not personally orchestrated said forthcoming news storm in order to publicise my book, which I only started writing in October 2006, and which I handed in last Friday. (Nope, not even my sinister lizard handlers are that good at psy-ops.)

Clearly I will have to do PR for the book at some stage, because that's what authors do and it is in the publishing contract that I do it. However, I am carefully separating the two things

THING A: The media and bloggers finally being able to report a major 7/7 news story in detail in a few weeks ( April probably) when legal restrictions lift, and the momentum this will subsequently give the 7/7 inquiry campaign.

THING B My book, (which blog readers know I am writing cos I been sharing the stress for weeks) coming out in the summer. After this story has been and gone.Hope this makes it all crystal. And I would like to tell you more about the book, but I can't yet, sorry, been asked not to. Publisher's rules. Will keep you all posted.

And that's quite enough about the book for now, let's keep the powder dry, or you will all be bored of it before it has even gone to print. Next up, some top bloggery of the year so far that you might enjoy...

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drivel. You and the silly bloggers linking to this nonsense should be ashamed. Ok, it's exciting to feel that you might be on the side of right against the big oppressive machinery of the state, but come on. George Monbiot got it right here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Column/0,,2017005,00.html

"Faced with the mountainous challenge of the real issues we must confront, the chickens in the "truth" movement focus instead on a fairytale, knowing that nothing they do or say will count, knowing that because the perpetrators don't exist, they can't fight back. They demonstrate their courage by repeatedly bayoneting a scarecrow."

March 08, 2007 9:25 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Ha! You clearly have no idea, do you?

Try searching this blog for the word 'conspiracy'. Go on, have a look. You will see me quoting the same article as you and making the same points about stupid 'truth-seekers' and paranoid tin hat merchants' conspiracy theorists WHOM I HAVE SPENT THE BEST PART OF A YEAR TELLING TO GET LOST.

I am *not* peddling a conspiracy theory, I am pointing out WHAT THE ENTIRE UK MEDIA WILL BE COVERING WHEN THE LEGAL RESTRICTIONS ARE OFF after a trial has finshed, you, utter, utter, muppet, you.

RTFP next time, I'm not surprised you wanted to stay anonymous!

Tsk.

Some people should read before they post. Twerp.

March 08, 2007 9:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come off it.
Paul Linford quotes you: "There is one hell of a tidal wave coming, as secrets that have been hidden for too long start to emerge."
You are getting some silly conspiricy theorists excited and then linking back to them:
http://nourishingobscurity.blogspot.com/2007/03/tony-blair-honest-upright-leader-we-can.html
"Meaning perhaps that Blair was involved? No Paul, that could never be - Tony is an honest, decent man who never lies."

and his daft poll:
Regarding Seven Seven, did Tony Blair:
Know beforehand
Not know beforehand
Have a fair idea

You should put him right Rachel, I think. Stop fomenting the froth.

March 08, 2007 9:46 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

YES and can you see, because you can clearly read, how that is *exactly* what I have done?

Right here on this blog, on the original post, in this post and on Blairwatch?

Hopefully the link will draw them back whereupon they will read it and see.

But there is not a lot I can do to stop people seeing conspiracies everywhere if they want to see them.

They will just have to wait and watch conspiratastic ITN, C4 news and the BBC, all of whom are going to be running the same story.

Secrets = sub judice. Tidal wave = big news overload.

Quite simple really, one need only peruse what I said with an open mind and no pre-conceived agenda. Me, I'm just glad that all this going on about an inquiry is looking like it is getting somewhere at last.

A brief read of what I actually said - rather than deciding you knew already that I was peddalling conspiraclunacy would have helped her, don't you think. And look at all the links. Especially Nosemonkey.


I still can't beleive that you thought I was a conspiracy theorist, oh, the irony.

March 08, 2007 9:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With respect, giving "big thanks" is hardly putting him right.

March 08, 2007 10:11 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

He meant well. He signed the petition, which is what I am thanking people for doing,as well as linking. He will come over here, following his link, hopefully, and then he will see what I have written, which is like what I wrote yesterday, repeated yet again on my blog and Blairwatch, because as I said, there has been an unfortunate outbreak of conspiraloonery.

You are being pedantic because you made a mistake: you came over here to lambast me for spreading conspiracy theories - which was just flat wrong - you didn't read the post,or today's post, or any of this blog, by the looks of things, and so you are hardly in a position to start having a go at him for not reading it properly either, and getting all excited about what he thinks the revalations might be.

Are you going to admit you made a mistake? No. Are you going to carry on posting anonymously? Probabably yes. So I think this is kind of pointless, don't you? And kind of over as far as I am concerned. I'm going to have a bath now, and read the paper. That's READ, rather than assume I know what all the writers are saying before I've finished the first paragraph. A useful skill to have in life, I find.

Night!

March 08, 2007 10:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok I'll concede some of that but don't encourage idiots. Night.

March 08, 2007 10:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting conversation and you almost got an apology :-)

March 09, 2007 3:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

big news rachel 83% of the public think tony bliar knew about the attacks in advance! according to nourishingobscurity.blogspot.com. WOW THIS IS BIG

March 10, 2007 7:52 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

NO, it's not big, it just means that some people have filled in a meaningless poll on someone's blog, I'm afraid.

Calm down

March 10, 2007 8:13 am  
Blogger kobwebby said...

A poll of 24 at that. Not that this, in any way shape or form, absolves Tony Blair of his lies, corruption or murderous wars.

All it does is detract from more pertinent issues!!!

March 10, 2007 9:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home