Monday, November 13, 2006

Top bloggery...but where is Chicken Yoghurt?

Some blogs that I read over the weekend.
Tim Worstall has his usual BritBlog Roundup of bloggy goodness
Dr Crippen is righteously angry about the under-resourced ambulance service with a cracking fisking
Not Saussure has found a fundie game for all the family where you can...
  • Conduct physical & spiritual warfare : using the power of prayer to strengthen your troops in combat and wield modern military weaponry throughout the game world.
  • Recover ancient scriptures and witness spectacular Angelic and Demonic activity as a direct consequence of your choices...

Davide is cross about Blair's hypocrisy on Rememberance Sunday, and also directed me to Quarsan's post on the Art of Rememberance

''On Sunday, wearing his 'special serious statesman face' Tony
Blair will lay a wreath at the Cenotaph. The man who sent soldiers out to die
for a tissue of lies, the man who has never attended a funeral of a soldier
killed by following his orders, the man who has never visited the wounded, the
maimed, the disfigured...''

It's all nice seditious stuff. But where is Chicken Yoghurt? I can only guess. A peculiarly-avid reader of this blog once kindly wrote to tell me that this blog ''does nothing but provoke terrorism all day'', and warned me portentously that ''there was a file on me'' and went on to rant about the ''petty-twaddle libel blogs'' on my blogroll before contacting them all to squawk on about some dastardly criminal behaviour I was supposedly up to my neck in. I can now only assume, trembling in my slippers, that M15 , or Special Branch, maddened beyond endurance, have at last come to get our man Justin in Brighton, and therefore, inevitably, as Pastor Martin Niemöller warned, they will soon come for me...

It's clearly not a good idea to slag off the establishment. Let this be a dreadful warning to those who take blogging too seriously or who think that by blogging they are out of reach of the long arm of the law...

The knock at the door will come.

UPDATE 5pm - Justin returns from the cold, orange-jumpsuit-free.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ham said...

...the knock on the door will come.... "buy these overpriced cleaning cloths from me and stop me robbing you", or maybe just "who supplies your gas and electricity?"

November 13, 2006 12:56 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Justin is keen to start a rumour that he has been spirited away by spooks so I am happy to oblige with this Guest Conspiracy Theory of the Month.

Possibly it is because he has failed to put money in the meter that the server has gone down

;-)

But with that Scary Dr Reid in charge, and Brown making tough noises about 90 days and being A Reet Bastard to Terrorists, one can't be too sure these days...

November 13, 2006 1:00 pm  
Blogger ejh said...

Ah well, one Justin's as good as another.

November 13, 2006 4:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rumours of my being fitted for an orange jumpsuit have been greatly exaggerated.

After a slight webhosting snafu, I'm back.

November 13, 2006 4:44 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hurray! And do you now love Big Brother?

November 13, 2006 4:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chicken yogurt now back in the land of the living blogosphere. See

http://www.chickyog.net/

November 13, 2006 4:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home