Tuesday, March 18, 2008

BBC 3 counties radio tomorrow morning

BBC 3 counties radio have just asked me to be on air tomorrow at 9am-ish to talk about blogging. Go blogging! Go bloggers! Hopefully this time there won't be technical nightmares like when I was on BBC Radio 5 Live the other day, when every word I said was repeated back to me as an echo, making talking extremely difficult - hard to think straight when all you can hear is yourself talking on and on in your ear. It's not the first time that has happened to me though, so I'm getting better at carrying on regardless, but it is nerve-wracking as you sound like a stammering muppet on the nation's airwaves the first time you open your mouth. Fortunately Terry Waite who was the other guest did most of the talking. He got quite feisty, in fact - just as well it was all by phone and not in the studio.

7 Comments:

Blogger Philip said...

hard to think straight when all you can hear is yourself talking on and on in your ear

I thought that's what blogging was meant to be all about.

March 18, 2008 4:01 pm  
Blogger DAVE BONES said...

hard to think straight when all you can hear is yourself talking on and on in your ear. It's not the first time that has happened to me though,

Its a conspiracy!

March 18, 2008 6:24 pm  
Blogger Claire Sewell said...

I'm sending you articulate vibes and I hope there's no reverb this time. Wish I could tune in from here.....

March 18, 2008 8:06 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

It is a conspiracy! They're talking about UFO's!

Oh, they trailing me so I am on after all.

March 19, 2008 9:26 am  
Blogger Rachel said...

aka cate, you can listen on the website which is linked in the post.

They're cutting it a bit fine, I have someone coming round to have a meeting at 10am.


Oh, they just called now. So I'm scoffing toast and waiting on hold whilst the go through yet more ufo sightings....

March 19, 2008 9:36 am  
Blogger The Wondering Brit said...

Yeah, I was worried about the UFO thing - as it turns out that guy is seen as serious person in the field.
Well presented and clear as a bell, well spoken and informative.
Which blogs are the girls talking about their sex lives? lol

March 19, 2008 9:48 am  
Blogger Calamity Jane said...

Just listened in the iPlayer - good job Rachel - nice to know you're just as articulate in person as you are in print, which is more than can be said for me.

March 19, 2008 11:54 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home