Monday, November 12, 2007

I really should write shorter posts

Sorry. The last four can be summed up thusly

1. If you have a strong opinion about new anti-terror legislation, including detaining people without charge for two months, let me know and I'll try and tell the Home Affairs Committee tomorrow.
2. I am not sure anti-terror legislation should be used to criminalise the morbid online posturings of silly adolescents.
3. Zoe's book ''My Boyfriend is a Twat '' is very funny and will make an excellent Christmas present
4. The internet and how it is used reflects human behaviour, and may be a threat to mediocre journalism in general and ''commentariat elite gatekeepers'' in particular and but let's not all panic, eh.

I hope this saves time and thank you to everyone who has emailed me their thoughts since I started blogging again.

6 Comments:

Blogger Graham the Funky Aardvark said...

Post what you want.
I wish I had it in me to keep up my blog...
You make me think!
What more can you ask from humanity but "think"

November 13, 2007 12:19 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

But surely there are already too many soundbites in the world? Your writing is passionate, eloquent, well-reasoned and thought provoking. The world is not a simple place and sometimes it needs many words to make sense of it. I greatly enjoyed the long post. The more the better....

But of course, as Graham says, you should post what you want.

Thanks for your writing, as ever.

November 13, 2007 12:32 am  
Blogger Barbara Boswell said...

Welcome back Rachel. It's good to be reading your words again

November 13, 2007 4:29 am  
Blogger thefatman said...

It's great to have you back - I agree with all the above - the long posts are well worth the effort - I was particularly taken with the SlipKnot comparison - you have a knack of crystallising thoughts that I haven't the wit to express. I hope someone makes the Home Sec read your blog.
Best wishes
John

November 13, 2007 11:18 am  
Blogger Henry North London 2.0 said...

oh Rachel... Long posts are wonderful to drink tea with and just relax into

I wish I could write such long posts but they only come when Im really peed off with something.


Henry

November 13, 2007 4:15 pm  
Blogger Henry North London 2.0 said...

Im really happy I converted all my amazon gift vouchers and bought Zoe's book.

Can't wait.. See you soon

Henry

November 14, 2007 11:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home