Saturday, July 14, 2007

Book on the shelf


Reader Helen has kindly sent me proof that the book is on the shelves! Because I had to rush to Norwich on Monday morning following Mum's stroke, I have not had a chance to look for Out of the Tunnel actually on sale in a real live shop this week. So seeing a picture proving it is on shelves in London is a proud moment indeed, albeit a bitter-sweet one at this time.

Thanks to Girl Friday Clare at TFP, Scott Pack, Geoff and Davide for writing about Out of the Tunnel, and thank you to the readers who reviewed it on amazon.co.uk and play.com . Anyone can review books on amazon or play.com, so if you have read the book and feel like posting your thoughts, please do! (Although I am of course obsessively checking amazon etc all the time anyway to see if anyone has done just that). Getting a good review is the best feeling.
I am going to print the reviews out and read them to Mum in hospital, and show her the pic of the book on sale as soon as I see her again on Tuesday. I know she will be delighted. It's so good to be able to show her something that will make her pleased and positive.
I have come back to London for a few days as I have work commitments due to the book being officially published on Friday 13th, and last week's launch was a write-off for obvious reasons. I feel safe to come home for now as Mum is making cracking progress after the serious stroke she suffered unexpectedly on Monday. She still can't move her right side, she still can't talk, though she is trying valiantly, and there is concern about her heart condition, but we are all hoping that she will continue to feel better each day. She is now eating soft food, left handed, and in physio sessions has been able to balance and stand up briefly with assistance, which is really impressive after less than a week. She, and the rest of the family remain deeply grateful for your thoughts and prayers, as do I. I'm sorry that I still haven't had time to respond to everyone's kind emails (or to send out copies as promised) yet. It's been a bit mad. I'll be dividing my time between London with my husband and Norwich with my parents for the next few weeks. I'm lucky that I don't have an office job any more and can do so. Another bitter-sweet blessing.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Tina - omme i London said...

Hmmm... my comment just disappeared. I try again!

Firstly, all the very best to your mum. I'm so happy to hear that she is making progress.

I'm in the process of reading your book as we speak and although it makes me sick to my core (the first chapter nearly finished me off!) it is well worth a read. Well done you!

July 15, 2007 1:57 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi rachel,

i hope that your mum is doing better. i am so envious- that you dont have to get up and fight the masses to and from the office.maybe one day i can work at home.

btw i will ask my friend who works for borders books if there is a chance i can order your book thru amazon u.s.

hope all else is well.

seth :)

July 15, 2007 9:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home