Saturday, June 21, 2008

Off to Madrid

I'm off to Madrid for a long weekend with my best friend, and her two other closest mates. My first holiday without J in ten years. The excuse is that my friend is getting married in September. We rejected the idea of a 'hen do', and decided we would rather go flea-market-shopping, and architecture-sight-seeing, and sit in bars drinking cold wine and eating tapas wearing our best summer dresses, as a small group, than go on some grim ritual drinking and clubbing bender as a drunken herd. We have been congratulating ourselves on our new-found ladylike maturity. After twenty years of hard partying, it's about time that we were able to have a pre-wedding party that didn't require the hasty destruction of all photographic evidence the following day. However, my friend has still packed Alka Seltzer.

J and Miff are being left behind in the rain to fend for themselves. Despite me getting in enticing bags of cherries and plums and pears and tomatoes, and bags of salad to encourage a diet that does not lead to scurvy, I expect I will find a teetering pile of pizza boxes on my return mid-week.

There may also be some guest-blogging...

3 Comments:

Blogger pierre l said...

Have a good time in Madrid.
If J is clever, he'll recycle the pizza boxes before you get back - I know I would.

June 21, 2008 8:27 am  
Blogger Ally said...

That Miff, he's the very devil with take-outs, isn't he? :).

June 21, 2008 8:58 pm  
Blogger Pat Patterson said...

My cousin went off early in her marriage for a job assignement that took almost a month. She, being well-organized and a kind soul, left the refrigerator stocked, bags and cans of cat food and plenty of nice healthy snacks for her husband, Andy. Andy, unfortunately for my cousin was still feral unlike her rather tame cat.

When she came back it was to a well stocked refrigerator, cat clawed bags of dry food and scratched cans of cat food and an assortment of green snacks. Green as in moldy.

Now there were no empty pizza boxes because I had come over to help get rid of the evidence, er trash, though when I left I told Andy to remember to get rid of all the beer empties. Naturally he forgot to dismantle his beer can pyramid and I got the blame for leading him astray. Andy is a pretty smart kid I learned!

June 23, 2008 3:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home