Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Chocs away

The wonderful and lovely Allan, one of the blog readers, has sent me some of his indescribably delicious Green River Chocolates - ( strapline - 'We Make Your Endorphins Dance!').
Thank you Allan. You are a legend.

Readers, if you wish to partake of what are in my opinion THE best chocolates in the world, then I strongly recommend that you get in touch with Allan and place an order. Green River chocolates are based in Vermont but can be shipped abroad and are packed with great care and attention.

I unpacked my box in the office and sliced up a slab of Athens Hazelnut chocolate to share with my colleagues. It was a slab the size of a pat of butter, and contained creamy, almost-fudgey, fragrant mouth-melting Belgian milk chocolate, with just enough vanilla and toasty hazelnut essences to linger satisfyingly and comfortingly like a warm kiss.

My colleagues fell upon it like wolves. And my endorphins danced and kept dancing until my two-hour pole dancing class after work, which almost finished me off after a 3 week break. We sweated like race horses: Nicola has choreographed a routine that is so damn fast and sassy that I think we must all have lost half a stone between us by the end of the class. Trying to shin up a pole, hang upside-down, swing like a fruitbat whilst shaking your head, then slide down and do a cartwheel kick all in 8 bars in a challenge to say the least, especially when full of slices of chocolate.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

It may be a challenge but it sounds like great fun. Thanks for your advice Rachel - I took a beginners Pole Dancing class on Monday and had such a good time. It's so much harder than it looks, and I was doing week one of the basic class! But so satisfying!

August 16, 2006 10:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's all this about dancing with Poles, in your state (duffed up by freak waves) ? Shouldn't you be in bed with Miff and a giant slab of honey-flavoured turkish delight ?

Good to have you back and in one piece, and as on the money (politics-wise) as ever. Attagirl (Attaturk ?) Rachel.

(Where you get the time and engergy for it all I don't know. Me, I just about manage to read your blog every few days, never mind commenting.)

Hear's to the next year (of your blog, not more bloody bombs).

IainC

August 16, 2006 12:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi rachel.

mmmmmm...chocolate...sounds like a tasty treat..i never heard of the company and plan to check it out,as i need a change from nestle and cadbury though i do like their fruit and nut chocolate bar.

hope alls well and that youve finally decompressed from your trip.

seth :)

August 16, 2006 12:44 pm  
Blogger fifipoo07 said...

sounds awesome! Sadly I have a cold so food tastes a bit funny at the mo. Pippa

August 16, 2006 10:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For great chocolate in London, try http://www.theobroma-cacao.co.uk/ in Chiswick or Yauatcha's chocolate filled with lime £9.50 for 6 but oh so good...

August 30, 2006 2:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home